Monday, September 17, 2012

Forgotten Bookmarks by Michael Popek

Because I enjoyed looking through the book PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives by Frank Warren, I thought I might enjoy Forgotten Bookmarks by Michael Popek.

Well, yes and no.  I thought some of the items left in old books were interesting.  There were a couple of letters written during the Civil War and a few things that were older than that.  I learned a little history from people who were there at the time.

I kept trying to relate the item with the title of the book in which it was found.  That didn't work.  Just like I do, those people simply took something flat and put it in whatever book they were reading.  Or they put a precious keepsake in their favorite book. 

If you like checking out the odds and ends of life, this is a book you should pick up.  If you want action and a plot, go for something else.

Kathi Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment