Saturday, November 12, 2011

Odyssey of the Gods: The History of Extraterrestrial Contact in Ancient Greece by Erich von Daniken

Once upon a time, a long time ago, I read Erich von Daniken's book Chariots of the Gods.  I love history - the older, the better. I thought his idea about artifacts pointing to extraterrestrial contact was interesting.  But what I loved most was hearing about parts of history that I might otherwise have missed.

I have always enjoyed Greek mythology, so when I saw Odyssey of the Gods: The History of Extraterrestrial Contact in Ancient Greece by Erich von Daniken, I picked it up to see what he had to say about one of my favorite subjects.  Although I don't buy his overriding premise, Mr. von Daniken has done excellent historical research yet again.  In this book, he especially describes the stories of Jason and the Argonauts, the Odyssey of Homer, the Dialogues of Plato as touches Atlantis, and some of the advanced mathematics, technology, and maps of the time.  I thought it was worth my time.

Kathi Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment